PEI 2014 Song Search Contest
Thank you to everyone who entered the PEI 2014 Song Search. The contest is now closed, but the submission criteria will remain online until further notice.
PEI 2014 Song Search Criteria
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries may be submitted from 12:00 pm (AST), May 31, 2013 until midnight (AST), July 15, 2013 only.
- To be eligible, you must call PEI home.
- Song must be a full-length composition (up to 4:30/four minutes and thirty seconds).
- Songs are accepted in demo format, and are not expected to be fully realized/produced. We are focusing on the song, not the production. The selected entry will be fully produced by PEI 2014 Inc.
- Lyrics must accompany your submission as designated on the online entry form. We reserve the right to work with you to ensure the lyrics convey PEI 2014 messaging.
- Should your song be chosen for inclusion in our Top 10, we require you (and band mates if applicable) to be available to perform 3 songs (two of your original songs as well as your PEI 2014 submission) in front of a live audience at a special concert on Tuesday, September 10, 2013. Please note: Date may change at PEI 2014 Inc.'s discretion.
- The winning song will be recorded in September and produced by one of the judges. All recording costs (and, if applicable, and at PEI 2014 Inc.'s discretion, travel and accommodation costs) will be covered by PEI 2014 Inc.
- The Contest winner retains all rights to the master recording and the copyright of the song, whereas PEI 2014 Inc. retains the right to use song in all media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world and in perpetuity.
- Any and all publishing royalties and revenue from the use of the song shall be divided equally between the Song Search winner and PEI 2014. On January 1, 2015, all royalties and revenues revert to the songwriter.
- Should you have a recording deal with a record label or a publishing deal of any kind, we will work with you to ensure that partners comply with clauses 8 & 9.
- Only collaborations or co-writes with those who call PEI home are eligible.